Below is the full legal blurb that our lawyers want us to tell you about – and to be fair it is important stuff and you should read it. However, before you get on to that the Venture Proof team also wanted to pick out a few key things for you to show you our commitment to protecting your personal data and to completely reassure you about our service.
Our commitment to you:
We will be very careful with any data you give us – storing this very securely and safely.
We will send you emails from us on a need to know basis only.
We plan to send no more than one general email a month telling you more about what is going on with Venture Proof and our plans – but only if you want this and choose to receive it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to.
We will never send you spam.
We won’t sell your email address or other data to third parties.
We will always treat your personal data with respect.
OK now here is the legal stuff you should read:
Venture Proof Limited Online Privacy Statement
Venture Proof Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal and/or private data which we collect from you.
By using this site or contacting us by email or through this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this privacy statement.
What information do we collect about you?
In order to fulfill your order (for example – for patent searching services), we need to know certain personal information collected at time of order.
We may collect and process the following data about you:-
- information that you provide by filing in forms on our website;
- information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- correspondence from you and your responses to any research surveys sent to you by us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or not.
It is our policy that this information is private and confidential. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information the personal information you provide to us is stored in a secure location, and is accessible only by designated staff. We will use it only for the purposes for which you provide the information under this privacy statement.
We will not sell (other than to purchasers of our company or assets), rent or trade to third parties any personal information you provide to us.
How will we use this information?
We would like to tell you by e-mail or other electronic means about products and services which we believe would be of interest to you and which are offered by us and other selected companies. If you do not want us to do this simply email us at any time and request removal.
Disclosing your personal data
We will never sell your email address or other personal information to a third party.
We may only disclose personal information about you to the following parties:
- third party service providers or suppliers we engage to process and analyse data or to provide marketing or advertising functions on our behalf;
- our business partners (but only where we know they also have good data protection practices);
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies (in the highly unlikely scenario we are required to divulge information to the relevant authorities);
- successors in title to our business;
- any other third parties but only where we have received your prior consent.
We will always work with third parties to treat your personal data with respect.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the option to accept it. You can also set your browser to reject cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser.